McDonald Heating, AC and Plumbing, Inc. guarantees that when the equipment we have installed is maintained and operated in accordance with the manufacturer’s operating and maintenance manuals, the system will perform as we have stated and agreed upon. We have promised a maintained temperature variance of no more than 3 degrees from your temperature selection to the actual temperature at your thermostat when you are heating or cooling your home under normal operating conditions. If the installation temperatures are not achieved, we will make any necessary modifications, repairs or replacements at no charge to you for a period of 5 years. This guarantee is meant to guarantee that the equipment we install is sized accurately for the home at the time of installation. It does not cover situations where the home does not maintain proper temperature caused by a component or part failure.
McDonald Heating, AC and Plumbing, Inc.'s installation technicians are the best in skill, attitude and workmanship. They will care for your home and complete the job with speed and precision. They will not wear shoes on your carpets. They will clean up when they are finished and take personal responsibility for your satisfaction. They will not smoke or swear in your home and they are drug-free. If, when they have finished in your home, they have not performed in accordance with these high standards, we won't consider the job done until you are satisfied with the results.
Our Guarantee & 28 Promises
McDonald Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing Inc., guarantees the following:
MATERIAL = We supply warrantied material according to manufacturer’s terms and conditions unless otherwise specified.
WORKMANSHIP = is warrantied for 30 days unless otherwise specified.
WARRANTY POLICY = against sooting and odors for 30 days following a tune-up (excluding plugged nozzles).
28 things you can expect from us
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. We realize that you may ask many different companies to bid on your project. They may or may not explain to you what’s going to happen during the time they’re working in your home. We’d like to take this opportunity to tell you a bit about what you can expect from us.
- Having an installation is like having “major surgery” done on your home. It’s not something you do regularly and you probably have concerns about what’s going to happen. We will go over the details of the actual installation with you further and in person before we start the work. Most of all, we want you to be comfortable with us.
- First, we promise not to arrive at your home before 8 am. We realize that you have to get your family off to school and work. We’ve seen contractors show up at customer’s homes as early as 6 am and we don’t think that’s good manners. There’s nothing quite like being woken up by the sound of a tradesman pounding at your door at the crack of dawn. We promise to work around and respect your schedule. After all, you’re the customer.
- When we do arrive at your home we will not make a lot of noise that might disturb your neighbors. We won’t start unloading equipment and dropping it in the street. We won’t shout at each other and we won’t play loud music on the truck’s radio.
- We keep our vehicles in top shape. You won’t be hearing a loud muffler first thing in the morning. We’ll be as quiet as can be.
- We won’t park in your driveway without your permission. We recognize that your driveway is your personal space and we respect that. If we park in the street, we’ll make certain that we don’t leave any dangerous tools or equipment lying around that might present a hazard to your children or your neighbors children.
- We’ll cover the walkway to your home with drop cloths to protect them while we carry equipment in & out.We’ll also cover the floors and stairways in your home that we will be walking on as we move between our truck and your job throughout the day.
- If we have to carry out old equipment, we’ll wrap it in plastic first to make sure no debris ends up on your floors. We will take great care if we have to move any furniture out of the way to get equipment in and out of your home. We will wipe our feet and make sure we don’t track in any mud.
- We do, of course, have complete liability and comprehensive insurance coverage for when we show up to work in your home. If one of our employees gets injured while on your property, it will not affect your homeowner’s insurance policy. Should we accidentally damage your property (it hasn’t happened yet!) we want you to know that our insurance will cover that damage up to two million dollars. We are a responsible company.
- Our professional licences will be current and the technicians who work in your home will be fully bonded. None of our people will wander into parts of your home where they have no business being.
- We have a no-tobacco policy in our company. You can rest assured that none of our people will be smoking or chewing tobacco either in your home or anywhere on your property.
- We also have an alcohol-free policy in our company. None of our people will be drinking beer or any other alcoholic beverage during the day-whether they’re in your home or away on a lunch break.
- We won’t use your bathroom without your permission. This too, we recognize as your personal space. If you should decide to give our technicians permission to use your bathroom, we can assure you they will leave it as clean as they found it.
- We promise not to use your hand towels. We furnish all our employees with hand cleaner and paper towels. They will not leave a mess.
- We won’t use your kitchen or bathroom sink or glassware to get a drink of water. Our employees will bring their own beverages with them, and they won’t leave any empty bottles lying around during the course of the job. We like to keep our work area as neat as possible.
- We’ll be planning your job carefully to ensure that your water, heat and electricity will be off for the shortest possible time, of course. No one likes to be inconvenienced. We recognize that and we’ll plan accordingly.
- Don’t be concerned about our people using your telephone. We are a modern company and all of our trucks are equipped with two-way radios. Our technicians also carry cellular phones, pagers and in most cases, GPS systems. If we need to reach them, we’ll get a hold of them in one of three ways, not by calling them on your home telephone. We will not add to your phone bill either.
- In the same spirit, we promise that our employees will not be receiving any personal call on your home phone during the time they’re on the job. It’s your phone, not ours. We understand and respect that.
- We won’t play music while on your job. We’re not the sort of company that shows up with a boom box. We like to work as quietly as possible. If you have small children who take naps during the day, please let us know in the morning and we’ll take extra care to work as quietly as possible during those times.
- We will not use foul language in your home. Even if we drop something heavy on our toes! We make it our policy to treat your family members with the same respect we would expect you to show towards our family members.
- If you have a family pet, we promise to be very careful when we go back and forth to our truck. Many of our people own dogs and cats and we know how quickly a pet can scoot out the door. We’re sensitive to that and we’ll take great care as we come and go.
- When we’re done working we will clean up thoroughly and to your satisfaction. We will go over the job with you and make sure you are happy with our work. We’ll take all our trash with us when we leave. If any debris has scrap value, we’ll ask your permission before removing it from the job. We won’t leave any of our refuse in your trash cans.
- We save clients money on their utility bills AND keep them safe. We offer service agreements that fit your systems individual needs instead of a “one size fits all” approach. We provide our technicians with the latest digital technology and we use that technology to maximize the efficiency of your heating system. During tune-ups we will measure and record information such as the actual efficiency rating, heat loss, smoke, temperature, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide and oxygen levels.
- We design the right system for your needs and wants. We will choose the system that’s right for your size and type of home to maximize efficiency and safety. Then we install that system right the first time.
- We don’t waste our client’s time. We show up when we say we will. If an emergency arises, we notify the client immediately.
- We constantly educate our clients. We keep up to date on products and services that will help you be more comfortable in your home. Keeping updated means you can make well-informed decisions.
- We continually train our field and office personnel. Our field personnel diagnose, repair and install equipment efficiently and we do it right the first time. Office personnel efficiently take care of our field personnel as well as our clients.
- We communicate. We frequently and clearly communicate our expectations to clients and employees alike.
- We appreciate and reward. We say thank you to our clients and our employees. If you have a story to share about any of our employees, tell us so we can reward them, and ensure your continued satisfaction with us. We have a rewarding referral program for those client’s who spread the word about us and we go out of our way to show thanks. If you refer someone to us and they pay for any type of service, we will reward you with a $10.00 gift certificate!
All in all, we’re going to treat you with the respect you deserve while working in your home. You, after all, are the customer! We look forward to serving you in the most professional way.
If at any time you are not 100% satisfied with the performance of the equipment, our service or even our people, please let us know.